To Our Patients of Cedar Hill Sports Therapy Clinic,
We are happy to announce that we will be open for IN-PERSON treatments beginning Tuesday, May 19, 2020. If you would like to book an in-person appointment with one of our Physiotherapists, Chiropractor or Certified Pedorthist, please call the Clinic first and we will review some new procedures to help everyone stay safe. Our Practitioners will be wearing masks and eye protection and we will require that everyone who attends the Clinic wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth. For those who would like to receive care remotely, we will continue to offer Telehealth appointments through video or telephone.
Please call the Clinic at 250-721-3300 to schedule an appointment and to review the new procedures in place.
We look forward to seeing you in person once again. Continue to take care of each other, and please stay well!
The Team at CHSTC
COVID-19 Policies & Procedures:
We are excited to re-open the Clinic to In-Person appointments and are looking forward to seeing everyone again. Following guidelines from our Colleges, and the Provincial Health Authority, we have implemented new procedures and policies at our Clinic to help keep everyone safe. Thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We are continuing to offer Telehealth appointments for anyone preferring to receive their care internet video or by telephone.
Please find below a list of some of the procedures and measures we have implemented to help safeguard the health of our patients, staff and practitioners:
- The Clinic receptionists will ask screening questions at the time you book your appointment to confirm that you are feeling well, and are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. Our receptionists will also ask you to confirm that you have not travelled outside the country in the last 14 days; that you are not taking care of someone who is unwell; that you have not been in contact with someone diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19; and that you have not been directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- Our Clinic receptionists will also touch base with you the day before your scheduled appointment to re-confirm these screening questions. We require that patients who are not feeling well, or answer “yes” to any of these questions, cancel your appointment with the Clinic. We will re-schedule your appointment for a future date once you are well, and/or are past the date of your self-isolation. The Clinic will not charge missed appointment fees for any appointments that need to be cancelled due to illness or a requirement to self-quarantine.
- We direct patients who answer “yes” to any of these questions to visit www.healthlinkbc.ca, and complete the BC COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool. We also advise patients to call 8-1-1 or the local public health unit for further guidance regarding testing and self-isolation requirements.
- Our staff and practitioners will assess themselves daily for any symptoms of COVID-19 prior to their scheduled day of work. Our staff and practitioners will stay home and self-isolate if they feel unwell, or are taking care of someone who is unwell.
- Your practitioner will be wearing a mask, and eye protection, and the receptionists will also be wearing masks.
- We have installed a Plexi-glass shield at the reception desk as a barrier between patients and the receptionists.
- We are asking all patients to clean their hands upon entering the clinic. We have a hand sanitizing station at the reception desk for this purpose.
- We are asking all patients attending the Clinic to wear a mask that securely covers your nose and mouth. If you forget your own mask, we will have non-surgical masks available at the Clinic for $2 each.
- Practitioners will thoroughly wash their hands between each patient treatment.
- Our staff and Practitioners have received additional education and training in infection prevention.
- Treatment tables and all high touch surfaces in the treatment rooms are cleaned after each patient appointment with hospital grade disinfectant.
- We are scheduling appointments to minimize the number of Practitioners and patients overlapping in the reception area at any one time. Our treatment sessions have always been, and will continue to be, one-on-one with the therapist. Treatment sessions are conducted in private rooms with closed doors, and skylights that open. We have limited furniture in the Clinic, and high touch surfaces, such as door handles, chairs, plinths and wipe-able pillows are cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant before and after every treatment.
- We have skylights in our Clinic treatment rooms. When weather permits, we will have our skylights open, to allow fresh air into the treatment rooms and into the Clinic.
- In the reception area, all high contact surfaces, such as door handles, counters and chairs are wiped down and cleaned throughout the day with hospital grade disinfectant.
- We have posted signage through-out the clinic that outlines proper hand washing hygiene and best practices for wearing masks. We also list the websites and phone numbers where patients can find more information about COVID-19.
- We have removed some chairs, and rearranged seating in the reception area so that the remaining chairs are spaced 2 meters apart, to allow for social distancing. All magazines and books have been removed from the reception area.
- We have designated one door in the Clinic as “Entrance Only” and an alternate door as “Exit Only” to facilitate one-way traffic flow through our reception area. Directional signage is clearly located throughout the clinic.
- We have put tape & directional marking on the floor of the clinic to guide patients where to stand when communicating with the reception staff, to ensure 2 meters of separation between patients at all times.
We look forward to seeing you in person once again. Please continue to take care of each other, and please stay well!
The Team at CHSTC